(Newsnation) – President Donald Trump canceled Former Vice President Kamala HarrisA White House official said on Friday,
Harris received six months of protecting the secret service after leaving his post, as federal law imposed. One of the members of the Harris team said that its details were extended for an additional year by directing a quietly signer by Biden before the office left.
This extension was suspended by the Trump administration this week, according to letter I got it CNN.
The letter said: “Accordingly, you were allowed to stop any procedures related to security previously licensed by the executive note, in addition to those required by law, for the next individual, as of September 1, 2025: former Vice President Kamala Dr. Harris.”
Harris team member said that the security protection of Harris’s husband, Doug Emehof, ended on July 21.
The suspension of the security details of Harris comes as it was appointed to start a multiple book tour of its new memoirs, “107 days”, which is scheduled to be released on September 23.
In March, Trump finishedSecret serviceDetails of the protection allocated to Biden adult childrenThe former president extended to July shortly before his departure in January.
Former presidents and their husbands get for lifeProtect the secret serviceUnder Federal Law, but the protection granted to their direct family members over the age of 16 ends when they leave his position.
For the outgoing presidents can extend protection for those who may not be eligible for up to six months after leaving his post, and Trump’s ruling also directed him to his family after leaving his post in 2021. Former presidents Barack Obama and George WW Bush fired a protection for family members for a while.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.